By default, users of the KLIK connection app must enter the password displayed on the KLIK screen in order to establish a connection. This password requirement is intended to restrict users who might accidentally connect from an adjacent room.
In some cases however, the password may not be required. Such is the case when KLIK is operated in Conference Mode, where only the administrator can start a user's streaming session. Another example may be where there is no security concern, but users still want to connect with the KLIK app to enjoy annotation and shared USB support.
In cases where the password is not required, it may be switched off, saving users the step during connection setup. To disable the password, follow these steps:
- Open a browser window and navigate to the IP address shown on the KLIK screen.
- Log in to the menu and select Configuration from the selections on the left.
- Click on the Settings icon to enable the on-screen setup page on the KLIK.
- Using the arrow, back and enter keys, navigate to the Network tab and press Enter.
- Ensure that Login Code (Password) is highlighted and click Enter.
- In the popup dialog, select Off and click Enter. Verify that Off is shown on-screen.
- Use the Back key to exit Setup and return to the Standby Screen.
Use the same procedure to enable the password function if necessary.