"I have installed the KLIK Stik, changed the password from the default, but now I can't remember it and can't make changes to my configuration. How do I reset the password?
Although not very common, there are times when one may forget the Admin password for a KLIK device. Without the Admin password, access to both the OSD menu and the KLIK Control Center are blocked, preventing access to the password change and firmware update functions, which are the only two ways to reset the password (and other settings).
There are two options for system reset that are specific to the KLIK Stik.
1. Use the KLIKManager Application
The most straightforward method is to use the KLIKManager application to access the KLIK Stik. The KLIKManager bypasses the Admin password and allows direct access to the KLIK Stik's settings. Download the KLIKManager from the KLIK website in either Windows, Mac or Linux versions. Further instructions on KLIKManager deployment and use may be found here.
2. Reset the device with a Firmware Update
If you are unable to use the KLIKManager. the unit needs to be completely reset by means of a firmware reinstallation; there is no other way to bypass the password protection mechanism on the unit. Reinstallation of firmware on PLUS and PRO models is simplified through use of the external multifunction button or the Reset button, but these external controls do not exist on the Stik, which requires a different approach.
To reinstall the firmware on the KLIK Stik, first download the latest version of firmware from the KLIK Firmware page on the KLIK website. Copy the "install.img" file to a USB flash drive, ensuring that the drive is formatted for FAT32 and the file is in the root directory (eg. E:/install.img). Refer to the firmware installation instructions found in this article.
A second KLIK Stik, for which you know the password, is required to perform this procedure. A KLIKBoks PLUS or PRO may also be used, but a Stik is preferred. If no additional KLIK unit is available, contact KLIK Technical Support for further assistance.
In order to carry out this procedure, both KLIK devices must not be on a network, and must be in "Soft AP" mode and not connected to a network. If the locked device is paired to the network, it must be moved to another location where it cannot detect the network SSID. After 15 minutes it will stop looking for the network and switch to Soft AP mode. Simply set the network configuration on the second unit to match the locked device.
To reinstall firmware on a locked KLIK Stik, you will require a second KLIK Stik for which you already have a valid password. To execute the procedure, follow these steps:
- Open the Wi-Fi settings on your device (PC, Tablet or Smartphone) and connect to the SSID shown on the second KLIK for which you have the Admin password.
- Open a browser tab on your device and enter the displayed IP address; 192.168.59.254 when not connected to a network, or as shown when both devices are connected to a network.
- The KLIK Control Center page will be displayed, with a login prompt (top or bottom of page depending on your device screen). Enter the Admin password and confirm that the menu has appeared.
- Click on Configuration to open the configuration control page and move to the next step.
- Now disconnect from the Wi-Fi SSID of the second device and connect to the locked KLIK Stik.
- Once connected to the locked Stik SSID, follow the Firmware Update procedure found here.
Once the firmware has been reinstalled, simply use the KLIKWizard to go through the setup procedure and complete all of the Stik's settings.